Monday, February 7, 2011

Put Off Lack of Love; Put on Love

1 John 4:7-8  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. (ESV)

1 John 4:20  If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. (ESV)

John 15:12   "This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you." (ESV)


Lord, show me areas in my life where I don't love others like I should.  Help me to be patient, kind, humble, and prefer others better than myself.  Identify ways that I can show love to those who are difficult to love.  I realize I can't do this on my own, but only through the love that You have shown to me in Jesus and Him giving his life for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: