Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Put Off Bitterness; Put On a Tenderhearted and Forgiving Spirit

Hebrews 12:15  See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God that no root of bitterness springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled.

Ephesians 4:31-32  Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Lord, bitterness is a hard sin to beat, especially when continually being hurt.  The difficulties of continuous forgiving can be burdensome, allowing the roots of bitterness to take hold.  Expose the areas of bitterness in my heart that may have been dormant for a while.  Only through you, can I forgive others.  Help me to be kind to others.  Help me to see others the way they see themselves as well as how You see them so that I can be more tenderhearted.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: