Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Put Off Judging; Put On Let God Search My Heart

Matthew 7:1-2  Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. (ESV)

John 8:7-9  And as they continued to ask Him, He stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."  And once more He bent down and wrote on the ground.  But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before Him. (ESV)

John 15:22  If I had not come and spoken to them they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.  (ESV)

Lord, please help me not to judge others.  Help me to consider my own actions and stack them against Your Word.  Search me, and know my heart.  Try me and know my thoughts.  Find all the faults in my life and lead me back to You.  Give me a discerning heart toward others, but let me see everyone as a creation of You with a soul that will never die.  Help me to give the gavel back to You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Inspired by revival resources from Life Action Ministries

1 comment:

ArmyReserveWife said...

The church Jim goes to the Pastor preached on Psalm 139 and at the end David is asking God to

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!

That has been my prayer since then.