Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Put Off Boasting & Conceit; Put On Humility

Romans 12:3  For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly that he out to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. (ESV)

Psalm 25:9  He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way. (ESV)

Lord, help me to realize that I am nothing but dust.  Only through You have I been given the breath of life. I entered this world with nothing, and with nothing will I leave.  I thank You for the one thing that will last forever, the salvation of my soul from sin, and the promise of eternal life with You.  Everything I have here on earth belongs to You.  You give, and You take away.  Blessed be Your name.  Help me to be a good steward of the resources You have blessed me with, using them to advance Your kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Inspired by resources from Life Action Ministries

No comments: