Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hitting the Slopes







For a long time I've been wanting to take the kids skiing. As school was out the week before and we were caught up on homework, we finally got that chance. Mr. Morris, a friend from church, gathered a home school group so that we could get a good rate. Getting everyone in boots and skis was somewhat of a chore, but we finally made it to the top of the hill. Haley and Bekah took off with their friends and Mr. Morris who quickly taught them the basics. We took too long getting our equipment so Hunter, Holly, and I missed the first ski lesson. We headed down the hill anyway, hoping to have some fun. Well, that was a laugh of its own. I didn't take into consideration how much I would be pulling them up and often fell over myself trying to help them. It didn't take long for me to put my skis up to help them along. It seems they spent more time on their bottoms than enjoying their day. Within the first hour they were begging to go home saying what a horrible time they were having. I knew they needed the ski lesson, but it wasn't until 1:30 and that was the time we were scheduled for lunch. We managed to eat lunch early and make it to the lesson. They learned so much during that time. Afterward, we were over on the main hill and riding the chair lift. Holly even did it by herself when she got slightly ahead of me. When it was time to go, they didn't want to leave. Hopefully we can go back one more time before the season's over.

No comments: