Too many bad things are associated with turning 40. I choose to look at life differently. So, as I enter this new decade I will share some of the things that made this milestone day special.
1. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Tim - an awesome husband
7. A birthday card from my dad
8. Chocolate cake with buttercream icing from Ele Cake Company
9. Homemade German Chocolate Cake
10. A spirited cookie bouquet from Scott and Val
11. A trip to the IKEA store
12. Being able to buy things at the IKEA store
13. Several nice e-mails
14. Facebook wishes
15. "Mullins rendition" of "Happy Birthday"
16. The real version of "Happy Birthday"
17. I have never dyed my hair
18. I can see without glasses or contacts
19. I'm otherwise healthy for my age
20. Cheddar Broccoli soup from Panera bread
21. Marian's Piazza
22. My Aunt Nancy who turned 60 the same day!
23. Memories of my late Grandmother, Ella Bloom who would've been 95 the same day.
24. I've had the opportunity to read my Bible all the way through
25. I live in the best country in the world!
26. I have a clean house
27. I drive a vehicle that is paid for
28. Cheap gas in Carrollton, KY
29. Ninth and O Baptist Church
30. I'm registered to vote
31. Warm, sunny days
32. A neighborhood swimming pool
33. An almost finished basement
34. Time spent together finishing it up
35. Puppy dog kisses from Ranger and Dixie
36. Being able to drive up to get our niece, Abbi, so that she can go to camp
37. The chance to blog
39. Bedtime prayers
40. Great friends like you who keep in touch