Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taking the Bite out of 40


Too many bad things are associated with turning 40. I choose to look at life differently. So, as I enter this new decade I will share some of the things that made this milestone day special.


1. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

2. Tim - an awesome husband

3. Haley

4. Bekah

5. Hunter

6. Holly

7. A birthday card from my dad

8. Chocolate cake with buttercream icing from Ele Cake Company

9. Homemade German Chocolate Cake

10. A spirited cookie bouquet from Scott and Val

11. A trip to the IKEA store

12. Being able to buy things at the IKEA store

13. Several nice e-mails

14. Facebook wishes

15. "Mullins rendition" of "Happy Birthday"

16. The real version of "Happy Birthday"

17. I have never dyed my hair

18. I can see without glasses or contacts

19. I'm otherwise healthy for my age

20. Cheddar Broccoli soup from Panera bread

21. Marian's Piazza

22. My Aunt Nancy who turned 60 the same day!

23. Memories of my late Grandmother, Ella Bloom who would've been 95 the same day.

24. I've had the opportunity to read my Bible all the way through

25. I live in the best country in the world!

26. I have a clean house

27. I drive a vehicle that is paid for

28. Cheap gas in Carrollton, KY

29. Ninth and O Baptist Church

30. I'm registered to vote

31. Warm, sunny days

32. A neighborhood swimming pool

33. An almost finished basement

34. Time spent together finishing it up

35. Puppy dog kisses from Ranger and Dixie

36. Being able to drive up to get our niece, Abbi, so that she can go to camp

37. The chance to blog

38. Giggles

39. Bedtime prayers

40. Great friends like you who keep in touch


No comments: